Carmel campus facilities
Carmel has invested over £23M in new, technology-rich facilities transforming the college campus into a truly outstanding and inspiring place of learning.
Additions to Carmel’s existing buildings include the two-storey Notre Dame Centre for Art & Design; the three-storey West Park Building which provides outstanding facilities for sciences, ICT, modern languages, humanities and foundation learning; the Dalton Building with facilities for Performance and a Student Services area.
“The college has a vibrant modern campus with excellent facilities for learning.” Ofsted June 2019
Carmel’s facilities include:
- 9 Science Laboratories – providing specialist facilities for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Science.
- Excellent I.T. facilities – Wifi enabled campus, access to Office 365, remote access facilities, 1200 student PCs with internet access; student laptops, site-wide colour printing and scanning facilities; 20 Computer Suites.
- Library and Study Centre – Over 10,000 resources; links with The University of Liverpool library; 15 journals; silent study area; stationery shop; online resources; a suite of computers. Click here to see the Library & Study Centre Information leaflet
- Performance Theatre and Dance Studio – Dalton Theatre seating 200; Dance Studio with semi-sprung dance floor; drama and rehearsal space; changing rooms; lighting and sound gallery; communication headsets; sound system; stage management equipment.
- Well equipped suites for Film and Media – Computer suite running industry-specific software; viewing room and editing suite.
- Modern Languages – Wide range of language resources; digital language lab with the latest technology to help improve listening and speaking skills.
- Sports Hall and Fitness Studio – Sports Hall for a range of sports including trampolining, basketball, badminton, volleyball, table tennis etc; fitness studio and multi-gym; football and rugby pitches; 2 floodlit 3G astroturf pitches.
- Foundation Learning – Fully furnished flat; training garden with greenhouse; multimedia technology with access to computers and the internet.
- Restaurant and Costa Coffee Bar – Serving breakfast, hot and cold lunches, drinks and snacks.
- Art and Design – 6 large specialist studios for Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Textiles/Fashion, 3D Design and Product Design; specialist facilities such as a sewing room, dye print room, dark room and kiln room; a glass-fronted gallery running the full length of the building; student resources and tutorial area; dedicated ICT rooms; a spacious technical workshop.
- Student Services – A ‘one stop shop’ for a range of information and help with transport, exams, finance, careers advice and student administration.