Carmel has invested over £23M in new, technology-rich facilities transforming the college campus into a truly outstanding and inspiring place of learning.
Additions to Carmel’s existing buildings include the two-storey Notre Dame Centre for Art & Design; the three-storey West Park Building which provides outstanding facilities for sciences, ICT, modern languages, humanities and foundation learning; the Dalton Building with facilities for Performance and a Student Services area.
“The college has a vibrant modern campus with excellent facilities for learning.” Ofsted June 2019
Carmel’s facilities include:
- 9 Science Laboratories – providing specialist facilities for Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Science.
- Excellent I.T. facilities – Wifi enabled campus, access to Office 365, remote access facilities, 1200 student PCs with internet access; student laptops, site-wide colour printing and scanning facilities; 20 Computer Suites.
- Library and Study Centre – Over 10,000 resources; links with The University of Liverpool library; 15 journals; silent study area; stationery shop; online resources; a suite of computers. Click here to see the Library & Study Centre Information leaflet
- Chaplaincy – Our Chaplaincy is at the heart of of our college. The Spirit of the Gospel is at the centre of our way of life, relationships and community. Staff and students use it, not only as a sacred space where our weekly Mass takes place, but also as a social space too. We also have a multi-faith Prayer Room and an adjoining Ablutions Room. For more information about the wide range of Chaplaincy activities that you can get involved in can be found here
- Performance Theatre and Dance Studio – Dalton Theatre seating 200; Dance Studio with semi-sprung dance floor; drama and rehearsal space; changing rooms; lighting and sound gallery; communication headsets; sound system; stage management equipment.
- Well equipped suites for Film and Media – Computer suite running industry-specific software; viewing room and editing suite.
- Modern Languages – Wide range of language resources; digital language lab with the latest technology to help improve listening and speaking skills.
- Sports Hall and Fitness Studio – Sports Hall for a range of sports including trampolining, basketball, badminton, volleyball, table tennis etc; fitness studio and multi-gym; football and rugby pitches; 2 floodlit 3G astroturf pitches.
- Foundation Learning – Fully furnished flat; training garden with greenhouse; multimedia technology with access to computers and the internet.
- Restaurant and Costa Coffee Bar – Serving breakfast, hot and cold lunches, drinks and snacks.
- Art and Design – 6 large specialist studios for Fine Art, Graphic Design, Photography, Textiles/Fashion, 3D Design and Product Design; specialist facilities such as a sewing room, dye print room, dark room and kiln room; a glass-fronted gallery running the full length of the building; student resources and tutorial area; dedicated ICT rooms; a spacious technical workshop.
- Student Services – A ‘one stop shop’ for a range of information and help with transport, exams, finance, careers advice and student administration.