Carmel College – an Ofsted Outstanding Provider since 2002!
The college was inspected by Ofsted at the end of April 2019 and we are very pleased to report that we have retained our Outstanding status!
The Inspectors were impressed with the extremely high standards of teaching and learning.
Summary of grades awarded
|Effectiveness of leadership & management||Outstanding|
|Quality of teaching, learning and assessment||Outstanding|
|Personal development, behaviour and welfare||Outstanding|
|Outcomes for learners||Outstanding|
|16 to 19 study programmes||Outstanding|
|Provision for learners with high needs||Good|
A selection of comments from the Inspection Report
- “Students strive to achieve the very high standards their teachers set. They make excellent progress, achieve their qualifications and progress to aspirational destinations.”
- “The quality of teaching and learning is outstanding. As a result, most students make rapid and sustained progress.”
- “The Catholic mission of the college, to promote excellence, opportunity, challenge and support for all students in a caring environment, infuses the organisation. The behaviour and actions of governors, staff and students reflect this mission daily.”
- “Students benefit from an extensive range of additional activities that build their self-confidence and self-awareness exceptionally well.”
- “Teachers use highly effective and skilful questioning routinely which extends learning, probes deeper understanding and builds students’ confidence and resilience.”
- “Leaders and managers foster a culture across the college that is compassionate and accepting of difference.”
- “Students benefit significantly from valuable careers advice and guidance that help them make aspirational and sound decisions about their future.”
- “Students’ progression into university, further education, employment and apprenticeships is excellent.”
- “Governance, leadership and management are outstanding. Governors and leaders are relentless in their pursuit of excellence.”
- “Teachers inspire and challenge students so that they are inquisitive and eager to learn.”
- “Students are proud to study at the college. They value and respond positively to the very high expectations and aspirations teachers have of them.”
- “The college has a vibrant modern campus with excellent facilities for learning.”
- “Highly committed, skilled and enthusiastic teachers inspire and motivate students to achieve their very best.”