Carmel College Catholic 6th Form
Carmel College is a Catholic 6th Form College that welcomes students of all faiths and backgrounds. We are committed to developing a community of mutual respect where personal qualities are highly valued and each student has the opportunity to reach their absolute potential.
Over the years, Carmel College has gone from strength to strength and has gained a national reputation for quality. The last Ofsted inspection rated Carmel as “Outstanding in all aspects of its provision.” The college also has Beacon Status for outstanding performance.
|Effectiveness of Provision||Outstanding: grade 1|
|Capacity to Improve||Outstanding: grade 1|
|Achievements and Standards||Outstanding: grade 1|
|Quality of Provision||Outstanding: grade 1|
|Leadership and Management||Outstanding: grade 1|
|Equality of Opportunity||Outstanding: contributory grade 1|
Carmel College has achieved outstanding academic results for many years and continues to provide excellence in teaching and learning in order to maintain these high standards.
In recent years over £23M of investment has transformed Carmel’s campus into a truly inspiring place of learning providing technology-rich facilities for generations to come. More information on the campus, click here.
At Carmel College, we believe every student should be given the opportunity to reach their potential regardless of ability. We provide a comprehensive programme of support and personal development for every student to ensure individual needs are met. Find out how we support you, click here.
As well as delivering outstanding A Levels, BTECs and Foundation Learning, Carmel also successfully delivers a range of university courses in partnership with prestigious universities. The benefits of studying at Carmel University Centre include reduced fees, small class sizes and outstanding support provided by an experienced H.E team. Find out more.
Key facts and figures:
- Carmel celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2017. For more information about Carmel’s History click here.
- Approx 1,800 full-time 16-19-year-old students, the majority of whom are studying and Advanced Level course.
- Students apply to us from over 90 high schools every year.
- More than 50 courses to choose from including a wide range of A Levels & BTECs
- A Foundation Learning programme for students with moderate learning difficulties.
- An Enrichment and Skills Programme to develop employability skills.
- A post-A-Level Foundation Art Diploma accredited by the University of the Arts, London.
- The first year of a range of degree courses in conjunction with the University of Liverpool.
- A Graphic Design degree in conjunction with the University of Salford.
- New for September 2018 we offer a range of evening degree programmes and year zero programmes in partnership with Liverpool Hope University.
- Carmel College employs over 250 full and part-time staff.