The continued growth and success of Physical Education and Sport at Carmel College has resulted in a significant increase in the number of elite performers starting courses at the college. We have been recognised by Sport England as a Dual Career Accredited Centre because of how we support the differing needs of these athletes via our Elite Athlete Support Programme.
What does the Programme at Carmel College involve?
- Helps national standard young athletes achieve their full sporting potential
- Ensures that chances of academic success are maximised
- Elite Athletes receive a range of support, specific to their needs
To date we have had a range of athletes benefit from the Programme, including a Taekwondo champion, Rugby Academy Scholars and athletes on the UK Athletics Elite Development pathway.
What support will I receive?
- Online resources to support academic courses for when athletes are required to have extended time away to train or compete
- Our PE-based mentors will provide personalised athlete support to help you cope with demands
- Additional academic workshops to revisit any work missed as a result of sporting commitments
- Workshops from Guest Speakers on a variety of topics, such as media training
- Customised timetables to ensure that the impact of regular commitments is minimised. Individual requirements will be taken into account and it may be possible to streamline some elements of a Programme
How do I apply?
- Applications take place after enrolling at Carmel College
- To qualify, athletes must be competing at an elite level by being selected by their national governing body (or equivalent)
- Athletes should be representing their country or region in their chosen discipline
Please email our Elite Athlete Co-ordinator, Simon Verry, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or would like any further information. Alternatively, you can call the college on 01744 452 200.