10:10 Ethics and Values sessions take place for one hour and twenty minutes each week.
10:10 Personal Achievement Tutor (PAT)
You will be allocated a Personal Achievement Tutor who will support and guide you throughout your time at Carmel. Topics in the tutorial programme include:
• Study Support
• The Carmel Mindset (VESPA)
• University Applications
• Health and Lifestyle
• British Values
The 10:10 RE Programme is at the heart of our mission and ethos as a Catholic college. We provide opportunities for social, moral, spiritual and cultural education:
• Ethical issues and moral debates
• Skills development – communication, reasoning, reflection and debate
• Personal identity and responsibility
• Equality and diversity
• Human rights
• Key dates in the social and liturgical year
There are no assessments for the 10:10 Programme.
- A themed Mission Day centred on on global justice and equality with tailored talks and workshops from guest speakers
- Guest speakers from industry and universities
- Trips and visits
“10:10 at Carmel is an umbrella encompassing a wide array of support and opportunities for students to grow morally as people and to prepare themselves to achieve after and outside of college. The RE lessons are inspiring and we get to discuss and debate current topics. The PATS are always there to help students navigate Carmel life.
The support at Carmel is underpinned by the Catholic, inclusive ethos, stemming from the passage ‘I have come that they may have life and have it to the full’ (John 10:10). A message deeply resonated by Carmel’s opportunities for growth that are always there, but never imposed.”