This course combines practical and academic skills. You will be introduced to a range of acting styles, theatre practitioners and texts. This will strengthen your ability to analyse theatre and will develop your performance skills through extensive practical work.
Whilst studying BTEC Performing Arts (Theatre) you will:
- Improve your performance skills
- Learn about the various styles, techniques and features involved in theatre practice
- Study set texts
- Work on performance pieces
- Develop your creative and collaborative skills
- Develop employability skills such as teamwork, problem-solving, communication etc.
This course prepares you to;
- Progress to university to study a Performing Arts / Theatre related course
- Progress to a specialist drama school
- Follow a career in performing arts
There are a number of extra-curricular activities including;
- The production of plays, cabarets and theatre workshops
- Educational visits
- In house seminars and masterclasses
- Regular theatre visits and trips
- High Achiever opportunities
- Guidance for drama school and university applications/auditions
You will be taught by a highly qualified and experienced Theatre Practitioner. Therefore, you will benefit from her specialist knowledge and experience in teaching and the acting profession.
BTEC Performing Arts (Theatre) Course Entry Requirements
GCSE grade 4 in English Language.
Performing Arts Videos
Click the link below to view the Course Introduction video
Click to view what our students say..