The Health, Social Care, Community Justice and Early Years Sectors offer a variety of rewarding careers that all start with BTEC Health & Social Care. With a national shortage of qualified professionals, there could be no better time to work in the care industry.
The BTEC Nationals in Health and Social Care provide the knowledge and employability skills students need to succeed at a higher level study and in their chosen career. Students who have experience of research, extended writing and meeting deadlines will be well prepared for Higher Education.
- These courses will give you the skills you need for either university or work in the Health & Social Care sector
- A wide range of subjects are covered which will raise your awareness of the many rewarding career opportunities that exist
- Teachers are friendly, approachable and supportive
- Assessment is through a combination of coursework and exams
- The courses are very ‘hands-on’ and you will have the opportunity to undertake a number of work experience placements
Course Entry Requirements
Grades CC in Health & Social Care (if studied) OR a Pass in BTEC Health & Social Care (if studied). Additionally, a GCSE grade 4 in Maths, English Language and Science/Biology.
BTEC Health & Social Care Alumni
Emily Roberts – Early Years Education with QTS, Edge Hill
Eleonor Stevens – Early Years Education with QTS, Edge Hill
Sophie McDonnell – BSc (Hons) Midwifery, Edge Hill