Physics is a key part of science and technology and it appeals to those people who want to understand the world around them. The course delivers physics in a stimulating manner whilst ensuring that the basics necessary for further study are covered. Astrophysics, particle physics, quantum physics and technological applications such as medical physics are some of the areas that you will find particularly enjoyable.
2 fully equipped laboratories including:
- equipment for class practical work
- equipment for individual research investigations
- data logging equipment for real time data capture
- lasers, microwave transmitters and receivers, spectrometers etc for wave/light experiments
- radioactive sources and detectors for radiation experiments
- oscilloscopes, electronics workstations, digital multimeters etc. for d.c. and a.c. circuits
- data projectors
- computer workstations, all students also have access to a computer suite
Where does this course lead?
Physics is a fascinating subject to study at higher level and Physics graduates are in demand because of their analytical and problem solving skills. Physics is an essential requirement for a number of careers and in the past our students have entered a broad range of areas including engineering, medicine, architecture, computer science as well as physics.