At Carmel we offer an extensive Enrichment Programme which will enable you to enhance and extend your own personal development.
Engaging in an Enrichment Programme is a great way to meet likeminded people and to enrich and support your overall college experience. The Enrichment Programme can provide opportunities to stretch and challenge your academic ability, to develop leadership skills and to compete with others in a wide range of sporting activities.
We offer a comprehensive and varied range of enrichment activities and opportunities. Our students are spoilt for choice! Our Enrichment Programme is categorised as follows:
- Adademic – A Super Curricular programme which supports you to reach academic and progression goals.
- Wellbeing and Competitive – An enriching programme which builds confidence and resilience. Activities to enable all students to stay physically and mentally healthy. We also offer sports and teams with a selection criteria. Compete, lead and represent Carmel.
Watch our ENRICHMENT VIDEO
Download our ENRICHMENT BOOKLET
Enrichment Year Plan
You can select one or more enrichment activities per term (subject to availability). We host an Enrichment Fair in September where you will sign up for your chosen activities.
- Block 1 October – December, 10 weeks
- Block 2 January – March, 9 weeks.
- There will be a break for exam periods and coursework deadlines.
- Block 3 June – July with a specific focus on enrichment trips and inspirational visiting speakers and external programmes, 3 weeks
In addition to the sustained Enrichment Programme, there are 70+ subject trips and visits each year both in the UK and abroad. Students are also encouraged to participate in work experience or volunteering. They can get support with this from our Work Experience Co-ordinator who has helped to arrange over 400 placements in the last 18 months.
Whatever your future plans may be, whether it’s university, an apprenticeship or employment, these additional experiences are extremely valuable as they can help you stand out from the crowd!
- “Students benefit from an extensive range of additional activities that build their self-confidence and self-awareness exceptionally well.” Ofsted June 2019