Ethics and Values is the General RE Programme at Carmel. Every student has one, forty-five minute lesson a week delivered by specialist teachers.
The key aims of Ethics and Values are:
- To support the college ethos, based within the Gospel values
- To ensure every student at Carmel has the opportunity to explore and examine
ethical issues and wider world problems
- To encourage skills of communication, reasoning, reflection and debate
- To encourage students to develop as a ‘whole person’
- To provide opportunities for social, moral, spiritual and cultural education to
underpin and support the remainder of their academic studies.