10:10 is Carmel’s Pastoral and General RE Programme. It takes inspiration from the quote from the teaching of John 10:10 ‘I have come so that they may have life and have it to the full’.
As part of the programme of study at college, all students are allocated one 10:10 lesson per week. It is split into two main sections, 10:10 Personal Achievement Tutor and 10:10 General RE. As a Catholic College, we have a great focus on nurturing the whole person. Our 10:10 Programme ensures that our students not only achieve academically, but also personally.
Some of the topics we cover in our Personal Achievement Tutor group sessions are:
- Study Support
- The A Level Mindset – VESPA
- University Applications
- Health and Lifestyle
- British Values
The key aims of 10:10 RE are:
- Supporting the college ethos, based within the Gospel Values
- Ensuring every student at Carmel has the opportunity to explore and examine ethical issues and moral debates
- Encouraging skills of communication, reasoning, reflection and debate
- Encouraging students to develop as a ‘WHOLE’ person, not just academically
- Providing opportunities for social, moral, spiritual and cultural education to underpin and support the remainder of students’ academic studies.