We pride ourselves on providing outstanding support and careers guidance for our students. In March 2020, we had re-accreditation of our Matrix award. The Assessors were very impressed with what they experienced and awarded us the Matrix Standard, a nationally recognised mark of quality.
The Careers Programme
Our Careers team aims to provide students, potential students and employers with outstanding services aimed at assisting students to plan for their economic and educational future.
This is achieved by providing access to information resources, impartial individual guidance, and, once enrolled at the College, a range of activities designed to develop skills for employability and decision-making.
The team consists of:
- Careers Manager
- Work Experience Coordinator
- Careers Advisor
- Shaping Futures Advisor
Careers resources will be provided to help Personal Achievement Tutors deliver skills development and careers activities. The Careers team will maintain links with curriculum areas to ensure labour market information is up to date.
The Careers team offer services in partnership with Shaping Futures (MCOP). An Advisor will be on-site two days per week with the aim to raise aspirations and provide impartial higher education information, and to offer support with the entire university application process; from attending Open Days, to choosing a university and completing a UCAS application.
You are able to access the following before you join the college:
- Free information about what the College offers.
- Impartial guidance on your learning needs.
- An interview to discuss your future plans and support you as appropriate.
When you have joined the college you will receive:
- Ongoing access to careers guidance.
- Access to the careers information resources provided on-line.
- Help with answering your careers enquiries including job-hunting.
- Activities and talks designed to identify and develop your skills for employment, and make informed decisions.
Before you leave you will receive:
- Access to careers guidance and information about your progression options, such as higher education, apprenticeships and employment opportunities.
- Help with making applications.
- Information about what else the college can offer you.
Our commitment to you
All our services are regularly reviewed. You may receive a questionnaire asking for your comments about the level of service you have received and how we could improve our standards – your views are welcome. You are not required to give your name if you do not wish to.
For detailed information about our Careers Education Information and Guidance Programme (CEIAG), click the button below.
These are links to other websites that you may find useful:
Joanne Billington, Careers Manager – 01744 452276 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Vikki Moran, Work Experience Co-ordinator – email@example.com