We pride ourselves on providing outstanding support and careers guidance for our students. In April 2017, we had reaccreditation of our Matrix award. The Assessors were very impressed with what they experienced and awarded us the Matrix Standard, a nationally recognised mark of quality.
This standard recognises the quality of the advice, guidance and individual support we provide through our Personal Achievement Tutor and Careers Programmes. These are invaluable to our students, helping them to achieve both academically and personally by supporting their choice of career, learning, work and life goals.
At Carmel, great emphasis is placed on providing excellent careers advice and guidance. Our Careers and Work Experience team is available to give help and advice whenever students need it:
- Information on a range of progression routes based on individual needs and aspirations
- Higher Education events for those who wish to progress to university
- Guidance and course specific advice for those who strive to enter prestigious universities
- Careers programmes for students following courses other than A Levels
- Weekly Tuesday lunchtime drop-in sessions to provide up-to-date information about opportunities available to students wishing to find apprenticeships, employment or further training
- Careers activities to develop employability skills as part of the Tutor Programme
- A drop in service for general advice and help
- Support to find work experience placements.
During August, staff are available for help and guidance in placing students in Higher/Further Education and employment. This comprehensive post-results service was recognised as “OUTSTANDING” in our last inspection.
These are links to other websites that you may find useful: