Our Careers and Work Experience teams provide students with outstanding advice, guidance and support to help you gain real-life meaningful experience in the workplace and make informed and effective decisions about your future.
- Experienced and friendly team based in our Careers Hub
- Available for drop-ins and scheduled appointments
- Personalised information and support
- Resources and activities to develop skills for the future
- Help with university and course choices, apprenticeships and employment
- Annual careers fair
- Talks from visiting speakers from universities and industry
- University Open Days
Click the button below for more information about the careers service we provide to students both before and during their time with us.
Links to other websites that you may find useful:
- Provider Access Statement
We support our students to achieve the very best academic outcomes and provide as many practical opportunities as possible with some of the very best companies and organisations available. Work experience is more important than ever as most employers and may universities expect candidates to have some form of practical experience.
- Placements aligned with your career aspirations
- Experiences that blend practical elements with academic studies
- Flexible options from regular weekly placements to those worked around free periods and holidays
- Support to find volunteering opportunities to gain experience and prepare for employment
- Links with over 600 organisations and charities
Could your organistion/charity support our students with Work Experience?
We look to continually grow our provision for work experience and volunteering so if you would like to get involved, we will be very pleased to hear with you.
Joanne Billington, Careers Manager – 01744 452276 / email@example.com
Vikki Moran, Work Experience Co-ordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org