Download our Travelling to Carmel College document which provides information on all bus routes to Carmel College for our College buses and public buses including Liverpool (and surrounding areas), Leigh, St Helens, Prescot, Newton, Parr, Clinkham Wood, Clock Face, Sutton, Bold, Lingley Green, Rainford, Widnes, Warrington, Wigan, Ashton.
Find out more about the different passes and tickets available to you:
Public Transport – travelling from Liverpool (and surrounding areas):
- No.10 route from Liverpool City Centre to St Helens via Prescot Road and stops outside the College.
- No.10a route from Liverpool City Centre to St Helens via Prescot, Rainhill, Nutgrove stopping on Prescot Road, Toll Bar (5 minute walk).
- No.89 route from John Lennon Airport through Huyton to Toll Bar (5 minute walk).
Get your Arriva Student Saver ticket from Carmel College and get unlimited bus travel across the North West, 7 days a week for less than £1 a day!
Arriva termly passes 2017-18 (payable via Parentmail2 on-line services termly)
- Term 1 – £146
- Term 2 – £117
- Term 3 – £113
Please note: A fee of £25 is charged by Arriva for lost/replacement passes.
Arriva Pass – This termly pass can be purchased directly from College via Parentmail2 on-line services. Once payment has been confirmed a pass will be made for you.
The following Carmel College buses are contracted by Merseytravel and are scheduled to arrive at college before 8.45am and to leave at approx 4.20pm:
- Service 741 – Newton-Parr-Sutton-Rainhill
- Service 742 – Platt Bridge-Golborne-Ashton-Haydock-Chain Lane
- Service 743 – Rainford-Dentons Green-Eccleston
- Service 297 – Kirkby (Hattons Travel – this is a public service, however the first journey of the day is contracted by Merseytravel for Carmel students.)
Merseytravel termly passes can be purchased from any Merseytravel Centre. You will need a passport sized photograph along with your payment.
- Route 1 – Kingsway Bus- Kingsway North, Latchford, Sankey Bridges, Penketh, Lingley Green, Warrington Road
- Route 2 – Grappenhall Bus- Grappenhall, Stockton Heath, Town Centre, Cromwell Ave, Westbrook
- Route 3 – Croft Bus- Croft, Culcheth, Orford, Winwick
Warrington Pass 17-18 (payable in full via Parentmail2 on-line services) – *£385 (which equates to £1.04 per journey)
This travel pass should be purchased directly from College via Parentmail2 on-line services.
- Service 1W & 2W – Widnes
Widnes Pass 17-18 (payable in full via Parentmail2 on-line services) *£425 (which equates to £1.14 per journey)
This travel pass should be purchased directly from College on-line via Parentmail2 on-line services.
*Subject to change