Update 25th March
For those students who have applied to join Carmel in September 2020, please keep an eye on your inboxes as we will be sending out regular updates. Also, as the college is currently closed, please do not ring the admissions department by telephone if you have a query. The team will answer queries via email – email@example.com
Welcoming students of all faiths
We are a Catholic college that welcomes students of all faiths (or none) and from all backgrounds. Students come to Carmel from high schools from across St Helens and beyond including Warrington, Widnes, Liverpool, Knowsley and Wigan.
Level 3 Programmes
- A Levels – You will need to aim for grade 5s or above in your GCSEs (or equivalent).
- BTEC Programme – You will need grade 4s or above at GCSE (or equivalent).
- Individual subject entry requirements – Each subject has its own entry criteria, these can range from a grade 4 to a grade 7. Click for Course Entry Requirements
- Course Combinations – Our timetable is very flexible enabling you to select the best combination of subjects for you. Almost any course combination is possible, including a mix of A Levels and BTECs.
GCSE Maths and English Language
It’s a government requirement that students continue to study English and Maths if they do not achieve a grade 4 in their GCSEs. However, you would only be able to resit either Maths or English Language at Carmel.
Entry requirements for all Programmes of Study will be discussed at your Guidance Interview and are negotiable on Enrolment Days.
Entry Level & Level One Programmes
Our Foundation Learning courses are tailored to individual needs. Please contact Caroline Oates, Head of Foundation Learning, for further information.
Admissions Process – 6 Steps to Joining Us!
- Investigate your options – read our prospectus, look at the website and talk to students and staff at one of our Open Events. Click here for Open Event dates
- Make your application – Apply by 21st February 2020. Click here for our Online Application (Applications for 2020 entry open on 1st Oct 2019)
- Attend your guidance interview – Book your place online for a convenient appointment time between December 2019 and March 2020. This is a very informal chat to discuss your career aspirations, predicted GCSE results, choice of subjects and entry requirements.
- Spend the day at Carmel – You are invited to try out your chosen subjects at our ‘Taster Day’ on 29th June 2020
- Enrol on your chosen courses – In June you will receive an appointment to attend our Enrolment Day on Thursday 20th August 2020
- Start college – in September 2020!