Welcoming students of all faiths
We are a Catholic college that welcomes students of all faiths (or none) and from all backgrounds. Students come to Carmel from high schools from across St Helens and beyond including Warrington, Widnes, Liverpool, Knowsley and Wigan.
Level 3 Programmes
- A Levels – You will need to aim for 5 grade 5s or above in your GCSEs (or equivalent)
- T level Programme – You will need 5 grade 4s or above at GCSE (or equivalent) inc grade 5s in English & Maths
- BTEC Programme – You will need 5 grade 4s or above at GCSE (or equivalent)
- Individual subject entry requirements – Each subject has its own entry criteria, these can range from a grade 4 to a grade 7. Course Entry Requirements
- Course Combinations – Our timetable is very flexible enabling you to select the best combination of subjects for you. Almost any course combination is possible, including a mix of A Levels and BTECs.
GCSE Maths and English Language
It’s a government requirement that students continue to study English and Maths if they do not achieve a grade 4 in their GCSEs. However, you would only be able to resit either Maths or English Language at Carmel.
Entry requirements for all Programmes of Study will be discussed at your Guidance Interview and are negotiable on Enrolment Days.
Entry Level & Level One Programmes
Our Foundation Learning courses are tailored to individual needs. Please contact Caroline Oates, Head of Foundation Learning, for further information.
Admissions Process – 6 Steps to Joining Us!
- Investigate your options – read our prospectus, look at the website and talk to students and staff at one of our Open Events. Click here for Open Event dates
- Make your application – Apply by 25th February 2022. Click here for our Online Application (Applications for 2022 entry open on 1st Oct 2021)
- Attend your guidance interview – Book your place online for a convenient appointment time between December 2021 and March 2022. This is a very informal chat to discuss your career aspirations, predicted GCSE results, choice of subjects and entry requirements.
- Spend the day at Carmel – We are planning to hold ‘Taster Days’ in college but these are subject to change due to Covid restrictions. Parents and students will be kept informed of any changes.
- Enrol on your chosen courses – In August 2022
- Start college – in September 2022!
Watch the Year 11 Presentation to find out more about joining Carmel in September 2022