Want to access some additional support to help you thrive at work? There are some links below that you may want to use.
Free Headspace access
Headspace provide unique tools and resources to mindfulness rooted in authentic expertise dating back 2,000 years and backed by proven scientific research. They offer inspiration, guidance, and support to living a mindful life in the pursuit of improving the health and happiness.
Headspace helps you create life-changing habits to support your mental health and find a healthier, happier you. Headspace is proven to reduce stress by 14% in just 10 days. It can also help you relax your mind in minutes, improve focus, and get the best sleep ever.
Resources for staff at Educationsupport.org.uk
This website offers a range of guides, articles and videos to help staff in education support their own mental health and wellbeing.
Education Support website
Carmel supports staff to manage workload in many ways:-
- High degree of autonomy in departments
- Marking days
- Lieu time system
- Support mentors for new and promoted staff
- College leaders promote a healthy work/life balance i.e. reduce out of office communication
- Bitesize CPD to support time management
- Data management streamlined and easily accessible i.e. Advance
- Reduced admin around lessons and planning
- Reduced consultation days from 4 to 3
- Lean bitezize CPD – meaningful, manageable and motivating
The DfE also provides a range of resources to support with management of workload:-
Motivation / Professional Development
Continuing to engage with professional development can be an important way of managing your own wellbeing and development. Here at Carmel we have a range of bitesize CPD options available annually to support staff. There is also a range of support videos and ‘How to’ guides already on Carmel Connect.
If there are external professional development opportunities that you would like to take advantage of then speak to your line manager and complete a form on MyCintra.