The course looks at the practices and theories of classical and contemporary practitioners. You will also develop your knowledge and appreciation for theatre’s history.
Whilst studying Drama and Theatre you will:
– improve your performance skills
– learn about the various styles, techniques and features involved in theatre practice
– study set texts
– work on performance pieces
– develop your creative and collaborative skills
– develop employability skills such as team work, problem solving, communication etc
This course prepares you to:
– progress to university to study a Drama/Theatre related course
– progress to a specialist drama school
– follow a career in performing arts
There are a number of extra-curricular activities including:
– the production of plays, cabarets and theatre workshops
– educational visits
– in house seminars and masterclasses
– regular theatre visits and trips
– High Achiever opportunities
– guidance for drama school and university applications / auditions
You will be taught by a highly qualified and experienced Theatre practitioner. You will benefit from her specialist knowledge and experience in teaching and the acting profession.
Course Entry Requirements
GCSE grade 5 in English Language.