A Level Drama & Theatre looks at the practices and theories of classical and contemporary practitioners. You will also develop your knowledge and appreciation for the theatre’s history.
Whilst studying A Level Drama and Theatre you will;
- Improve your performance skills
- Learn about the various styles, techniques and features involved in theatre practice
- Study set texts
- Work on performance pieces
- Develop your creative and collaborative skills
- Develop employability skills such as teamwork, problem-solving, communication etc.
This course prepares you to;
- Progress to university to study a Drama/Theatre related course
- Progress to a specialist drama school
- Follow a career in performing arts
There are a number of extra-curricular activities including;
- The production of plays, cabarets and theatre workshops
- Educational visits
- In house seminars and masterclasses
- Regular theatre visits and trips
- High Achiever opportunities
- Guidance for drama school and university applications/auditions
You will be taught by a highly qualified and experienced Theatre Practitioner. Therefore, you will benefit from her specialist knowledge and experience in teaching and the acting profession.
A Level Drama & Theatre Course Entry Requirements
GCSE grade 5 in English Language.