This is the information we have shared with Carmel students:
As you are aware Coronavirus (also referred to as COVID19) is a public health concern.
We want to reassure you that at college we are monitoring this situation very closely, hence our communication of 25th February, and will keep you informed should we need to take any action in order to safeguard the health and safety of our college community.
Currently Public Health England advise that:
- Coronavirus can cause flu-like symptoms including fever, cough and difficulty breathing
- The infection is not serious for most people including children
- There is no vaccine
- Most people will get better with enough rest, water to drink and medicine for pain
You can help to stop the virus spreading by:
- If you need to cough or sneeze – Catch it, Bin It, Kill it.
- Washing your hands with soap and water or sanitiser:
- After breaks and sport
- Before cooking and eating
- On arrival at college
- After using the toilet
- Before leaving home
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Do not share items such as cups and bottles
- If you are unwell, do not share bedding, dishes, pencils and towels
Meanwhile can we reinforce the advice that if you have recently travelled back from any of the countries currently identified as being at risk, including northern Italy, please let your PAT know immediately so that we can support you.
Up to date information can be found on www.gov.uk as the information changes as the virus spreads: