Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies
Here at Carmel College we offer an innovative Foundation Year for Health and Veterinary Studies. There is progression onto Medicine, Dentistry or Veterinary Science degrees at the University of Liverpool. Progression to Year 1 is guaranteed for those students who meet the progression criteria.
Carmel College gained exclusive academic approval for the delivery of the Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies programme in 2006. This unique course is designed for individuals with relevant work experience or for those who have a degree in a subject which is not science based.
This programme builds on the highly successful Foundation to Science and Engineering programmes delivered effectively at Carmel College since 1995. In addition to the inspirational teaching and support offered, students will be members of the University of Liverpool and entitled to guaranteed accommodation and the use of all student facilities at the University. Students may also be entitled to student loans and bursaries.
Applications for the programme are made via the online university admissions procedure at www.ucas.com.
- 0AAW Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Dentistry)
- 789S Foundation to Heath and Veterinary Studies (Medicine)
- 74JJ Foundation to Health and Veterinary Studies (Veterinary Science)
- GCSE Maths at grade B / 6 or above
- GCSE English Language at grade B / 6 or above
- GCSE Sciences at grade B / 6 or above – including either core and additional science or two separate sciences.
- A total of FIVE GCSEs at grade B / 6 or above
- Relevant work experience
Further information on the programme can be found here on the University of Liverpool website