First Year at Carmel
The first year of the Degree Programmes take place at Carmel University Centre / Carmel College. The college is with is an Associate College of the University of Liverpool located in St Helens.
The University of Liverpool
On successful completion of the Foundation Year (Year Zero), you will progress to your chosen degree course at the University of Liverpool.
Established in 1881, the University of Liverpool’s founding mission is ‘for the advancement of learning and ennoblement of life.’ This underlines the belief in the transformative power of research and education, not least in the face of an increasingly complex and challenging world.
- Ranked in the top 200 of universities worldwide
- 33,000 students, 7,500 of whom travel from all over the world to study here
- A global network of 211,000 alumni in 171 countries
- 91% of UK undergraduates are in employment or further study six months after graduation
- One of the top 18 UK universities targeted by global graduate employers
- UK leader in widening participation
- £600 million campus investment
- Located in an amazing city, ranked 3rd in Rough Guides top 10 world cities
- Member of the Russell Group
About the City of Liverpool
The city of Liverpool shapes the University through its dynamic spirit, global outlook and pioneering opportunities and we shape the city through our extensive collaborative local network. Energetic, beautiful, creative… you will soon realise there is nowhere quite like Liverpool.
Making sure you have the best experience possible is at the heart of everything we do. Explore our Insider’s Guide to Liverpool to find out more about what our exciting city has to offer.