Not only do Carmel’s students consistently achieve excellent results year on year but the progress students make after their GCSEs is what makes Carmel stand out from other Sixth Form Colleges.
2019’s exam results confirm Carmel as:
– One of the TOP 10 Sixth Form Colleges in the country for % A* / A*-B grades*
Congratulations to all our students and their teachers!
The support available at Carmel is second to none. We provide each and every one of our students with the guidance and encouragement they need to be successful. We offer support for all ability levels including a comprehensive High Achievers’ Programme to challenge the ablest students.
– We were awarded the Matrix quality standard for information, advice and guidance services
– There are 16 former Carmel students currently studying at Oxbridge
Outstanding Teaching & Learning
At Carmel, there’s a huge range of subjects to choose from including over 40 different courses! Teachers here are passionate about working with young people and are real experts in their subjects. In our Ofsted inspection at the end of April 2019, we retained our Outstanding status, making Carmel the only Sixth Form College nationally to retain its outstanding grade over the last ten years. Read more
Carmel’s Enrichment & Skills Programme enables students to take part in activities that will complement their subjects or support their career aspirations. There are lots of opportunities to get involved and develop additional skills that are sought after by employers and universities.
– A wide range of options are available including Duke of Edinburgh, Future Teachers, MedSoc, HSK Mandarin, Work Experience, Sports Teams and much more!
Outstanding Learning Environment
An investment of over £23m in new technology-rich facilities has transformed Carmel’s campus into a truly outstanding place of learning.
– The whole campus is Wi-Fi enabled
– Resources and equipment allow students to make the most of their time here, both in their studies and their personal development
*The Times % A* / A*-B grades 16/08/19