At Carmel College we have a bursary scheme for full time students of all ages.
General bursary is available for full time students of all ages who meet the following criteria:
• You or your parents are in receipt of
- Income support
- Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of state pension credit
- Child Tax Credit – provided they are not entitled to working tax credit and have an annual income as assessed by Revenue and Customs that does not exceed £16,190
- Universal credit (replacing Income Support, income based Job Seeker's Allowance, income related Employment and Support Allowance, Child Tax Credits)
This will cover up to 50% of your transport costs as well as offer help towards other general college resources worth up to £500 per year.
The targeted bursary is a fund of £1,200 per year for students who are in care, a care leaver, in receipt of income support or disabled and in receipt of Employment and Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance. You can apply for this bursary using the same application form as the General Bursary.
• Extra financial support available in extenuating circumstances
• Help with childcare payments
Sarah Cowley Educational Trust
• For young people aged 16-24 who are resident in the Borough of St Helens
• For help with buying items such as tools, instruments, books, travel and clothing
• Applications are encouraged from young people who have experienced significant financial hardship
• Applications must be submitted by the end of September
• For more info on the St Helens Council website click here
• To download the application form click here
How to apply
Click on the links below to find out more and download the bursary scheme application form.
For more detailed information about the 16-19 Bursary Fund click here
For the Bursary Scheme Application Form click here
Other useful links: