Carmel is a successful college
Carmel College has a reputation as one of the best Sixth Form Colleges in the country. Our outstanding support for students, high achievement rates and vast range of enrichment activities makes Carmel an outstanding place to study.
- Rated in the top 10% of colleges nationally according to ALPS (A Level Performance System) value added analysis
- One of the first four Sixth Form Colleges in the country to be awarded Beacon Status.
- The first Associate College of the University of Liverpool.
- Achieved top grades (Grade 1, Outstanding) in all categories in the last Ofsted Inspection in July 2007.
- Consistently high pass rates over several years – averaging 99%.
- Awarded Beacon Status for the second time by the Learning and Skills Council.
- Over the years, individual students have achieved some of the highest marks nationally in their A Level examinations.
- Each year the majority of students progress to university.