University of the Arts Diploma/Extended Diploma in Art & Design
The UAL Diploma/Extended Diploma in Art and Design is a qualification for students who wish to study Art and Design full time.
Students will develop a wide range of Art and Design skills, understanding and knowledge. Successful completion of this course may lead to an Art Foundation Diploma, university or the creative industries.
As part of the course students will participate in a series of projects, which will include painting, drawing, illustration, printmaking, graphics, photography, fashion and textiles. Students will gain practical expertise, independent learning skills and a clear understanding of career directions within the Art and Design field.
- Successful completion of year 1 leads to a Diploma.
- In year 2 the course will lead to an Extended Diploma which is equivalent to 3 x GCE A levels.
- Entry criteria is 5 GCSE C grades including a C in English and a C in Art and Design.
- Design Technology students will be considered and must consult Art staff at interview.
- Students not studying Art and Design at GCSE level may bring a portfolio of art work to interview and will also be considered.
To download the course leaflet click here.