At Carmel we aim to provide an environment where musicians can blossom and develop their particular strengths and talents, whether they are in composing or performing. We also aim to encourage students to broaden and appreciate a variety of styles of music at a deeper level. We in the Music Department believe that it is important for us to provide the basis of a life-long love for music through a course which is varied, challenging and, above all, enjoyable.
What our students say..."I enjoy the liveliness and strong sense of community in the Music department as well as having many opportunities to perform great music." (Daniel Antonio)
Music Facilities :-
• a purpose-built Mac/Logic based Recording Studio
• a Mastering/Mixing suite also Mac/Logic based
• a computer room with sixteen MIDI work stations operating the very lastest versions of Cubase and Sibelius software
• four practice rooms each equipped with acoustic pianos, electric guitars, bass guitars and a large selection of amps including Marshall and Vox amps
• a large selection of high quality microphones including Neumann microphones
• a team of highly experienced tutors whose credits include music composed for TV, radio and advertising as well as the concert hall.
• a team of seven highly experienced and talented peripatetic tutors
• For AS and A2 Music students, lessons are once a week and free
• Wind and Brass ensembles
• Various student-led bands
• Carmel College Choir
• Weekly lunchtime concerts
For AS/A2 Level GCE exam specification visit www.edexcel.com